America’s newest 24/7 national news channel – broadcasting to 40 markets including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles – is looking for passionate storytellers who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion and knowledge for news – domestic and international – for telling stories and aggressively creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will anchor and report enterprise stories. Additional duties include: writing, editing, and occasional field videography.
We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute award-winning news coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out:
• Be passionate about news in and out of the work environment.
• Have good news judgement as to what makes a story on both a local, national and international news level.
• Have a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks.
• Plan and execute news coverage on your own.
• Have the ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly.
• Have the ability to ad lib on camera at a split second and deviate from the script with ease.
• Must be a strong writer.
• Work closely with news producers – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns.
• Ready to report live and handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong on-air communicator, not just a news reader, who can work well with our existing team. Must be able to handle everything from breaking news, to live shots, to on-set interviews.
All candidates must be engaged digitally; utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or allied degree. Must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. Ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs is essential (Adobe Premiere Pro editing experience a plus).
Please email your cover letter, resume and demo reel to email@example.com, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601