America’s first 24/7 national news diginet – broadcasting to 50 markets including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles – is seeking an assignment editor eager to manage news crews across the country. The right candidate must have a passion for news, for telling good stories and creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will be ready to lead, with previous assignment desk and management experience.
- Assisting in determining the day’s top news stories
- Planning news coverage under the supervision of our management team
- Calling news sources to coordinate coverage of key national news stories
- Dispatching and managing news crews stationed across the country
- Managing key newsgathering resources, including vehicles and camera equipment
- Assisting in publishing online content
- Other duties as assigned by management
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator who can work well with our existing team. You’ll need to be able to handle everything from breaking news, to live shots, to feature coverage.
All candidates must be engaged digitally utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or similar degree and previous assignment desk experience. You must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary.
Please email your resume, cover letter and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601