Health Authorities on Alert After 3 Die From Ebola
Health authorities on high alert after a 3 die in to the Ebola virus for the first time since 2016.
The ministry of health in Guinea confirms that 3 died in the African country as a result of the Ebola virus this Sunday.
They say an additional four confirmed positive.
The World Health Organization (WHO) released a statement last week on establishing a stockpile of vaccines to reduce Ebola epidemics around the world.
In that statement, the WHO says Ebola outbreaks are “relatively rare and unpredictable” thus the need to prepare a worldwide stockpile of the 2019 approved vaccine.
Meanwhile, the White House saying the Biden Administration will “do everything in our power to respond quickly…before they become large scale epidemic.”
White House spokesperson Jen Psaki said during a press briefing that the U.S. will continue to monitor progress even as health experts battle covid-19.