Impeachment Trail Day 4: Defense Intends to Make their Case in Less than a Day
WASHINGTON – –
We’re now moments away from day 4 of the impeachment trial of Former President Trump.
Thursday, house democrats finished their attempt to lay out their case. They insist that the mob who stormed the Capitol on January sixth were acting on “the president’s orders.”
President Trump’s lead attorney David Schoen says the prosecutors have yet to tie the capitol siege to the former president.
Trump’s lawyers will launch their defense today arguing that they are expected to make their case in less than a day.
On February 8th, 2021, the defense team laid out a 78 page document to detail the their strategy.
Their first Argument of “The Senate Lacks The Constitutional Jurisdiction To Conduct An Impeachment Trial Of A Former President” was desmissed by vote early on in the trial.
Here are the remaining points the defense team has yet to make.
- Congress’ Power To Impose Penalties Upon Conviction Of Impeachment Is
Limited to Removal, And (Not Or) Disqualification.
- The Article of Impeachment Violates Mr. Trump’s First Amendment Rights.
- The House Afforded President Trump No Due Process of Law.
- The Article Is Structurally Deficient and Can Only Result in Acquittal.
- The Article Fails to State an Impeachable Offense as a Matter of Law.