America’s first 24/7 national news diginet – broadcasting to 50 markets including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago – is seeking a passionate storyteller who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion for news, for telling good stories and creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will produce and anchor news cut-ins for our local affiliates throughout the day for our news-wheel format. Duties include: writing, editing, anchoring, and working occasionally as a field videographer.
We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute award-winning news coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out.
- Be passionate about news in and out of the work environment.
- Have good judgement as to what makes a story on a local, national and international news level.
- Have a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks.
- Be ready to plan and execute news coverage on your own.
- Have the ability to turn a wide range of news stories quickly.
- Have the ability to ad lib on camera at a split second and deviate from the script with ease.
- Be a strong writer.
- Be ready to produce – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns.
The ideal candidate will be a strong on-air communicator, not just a news reader, who can work well with our existing team.
All candidates must be engaged digitally utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or similar degree. You must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. The ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs is essential (Adobe Premiere Pro editing experience a plus).
Please email your resume, cover letter and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601