America’s first 24/7 national news diginet – broadcasting to 45 markets including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles – is seeking a passionate storyteller who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion for news, for telling good stories and aggressively creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will produce newscasts throughout the day for our news-wheel format. Duties include: writing, editing, and working occasionally as a field videographer.
We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute award-winning news coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out.
- Be passionate about news in and out of the work environment.
- Have good judgement as to what makes a story on a local, national and international news level.
- You’ll need a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks.
- Plan and execute news coverage on your own.
- The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly.
- Be a strong writer.
- Be ready to produce – writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns.
- You must be an aggressive news reporter, who can handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator who can work well with our existing team. Must be able to handle everything from breaking news, to live shots, to on-set interviews.
All candidates must be engaged digitally utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or allied degree. Must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. Ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs is essential (Adobe Premiere Pro editing experience a plus).
Please email your resume, cover letter and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601