America’s newest 24/7 national news channel – broadcasting to 40 markets including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles – is looking for passionate storytellers who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion and knowledge for news – domestic and international – for telling stories and aggressively creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will help navigate the direction of news content and reporting with our team of reporters and anchors.
We are not looking for traditional thinkers. The ideal candidate will certainly have experience covering breaking news, in-depth and investigative content, and strong weather coverage. But we also want an independent thinker who wants to define new ways of delivering content to our audience.
- Plan and guide the coverage strategy throughout the day, working in collaboration with the News Director and Executive Producer.
- Set coverage expectations and hold staff accountable
- Manage newsroom and field teams
- Understand and execute strategic plans
- Copy edit with a journalistic and legal perspective
- Develop producers who may be new to the business
- Work with reporters from story concept to finished product
- Participate in and lead editorial meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director
We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute award-winning news coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out…
- Be passionate about news in and out of the work environment.
- Have good news judgement as to what makes a story on both a local, national and international news level.
- Have a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks.
- Plan and execute news coverage on your own.
- Have the ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly.
- Must be a strong writer.
- Ready to handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who can work well with our existing team.
All candidates must be engaged digitally; utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or allied degree. Must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. Ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs is essential (Adobe Premiere Pro editing experience a plus).
Please email your cover letter, resume and demo reel to email@example.com, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601