America’s first 24/7 national news diginet – broadcasting to 50 markets including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles – is looking for passionate meteorologists who can help grow our weather audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion for weather and the understanding that weather effects our everyday lives. This person must be able to tell a story from blizzards to severe thunderstorms, tornados, hurricanes, and even sunny days.
The ideal candidate will help communicate weather situations across the county and act as a station scientist, working as an expert in a wide range of situations.
We are not looking for traditional thinkers. The ideal candidate will have experience covering severe weather, conveying scientific knowledge with a teacher’s passion, and concern for the viewers safety, but we also want an independent thinker who wants to define new ways of delivering content to our audience.
We’re looking for a team member who will help plan, execute and enhance weather coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out…
- Be passionate about weather in and out of the work environment.
- Have good judgement as to what makes a story on both a local and national levels.
- Have a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news and weather stories break.
- Plan and execute weather coverage on your own.
- Be a strong speaker with a great on camera personality.
- Ready to handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions.
- The ideal candidate will be a person who can work well with our existing team.
- All candidates must be engaged digitally utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a meteorology degree or a broadcast meteorology concentration. Must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. Experience with Baron Omni or Baron Lynx is preferred but not required. Ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs (especially Adobe Premiere) is a plus.
Please email your cover letter, resume and demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601