America’s first 24/7 national news diginet – broadcasting to 50 markets including New York, Los Angeles and Chicago – is seeking a passionate storytellers who can help grow our audience on-air and online. The right candidate must have a passion for news, for telling good stories and creating high-quality content.
The ideal candidate will be eager and willing to travel frequently, ready to cover top news stories across the country, and be prepared to handle all aspects of the storytelling process solo. Primary job duties include filming, writing, editing, and reporting on daily packages; occasional fill-in producing and anchoring duties are a possibility.
We’re looking for a leader who will help plan and execute award-winning news coverage. Other than the basics of TV news, candidates with these special characteristics will stand out:
- Be passionate about news in and out of the work environment.
- Have good judgement as to what makes a story on a local, national and international news level.
- Have a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks.
- Be ready to plan and execute news coverage on your own.
- Have the ability to turn a wide range of news stories quickly.
- Have the ability to ad lib on camera at a split second and deviate from the script with ease.
- Be a strong writer.
The ideal candidate will be a strong on-air communicator, not just a news reader, who can work well with our existing team.
All candidates must be engaged digitally utilizing multi-platform content distribution and display strong social media skills.
All candidates should have a journalism or similar degree. You must be willing to work all shifts and re-locate, if necessary. The ability to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs is essential (Adobe Premiere Pro editing experience a plus).
Please email your resume, cover letter and demo reel to email@example.com, or mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
320 W. 13th St
Cadillac, MI 49601